The Front Room Links

08 March 2009

sss - secret shoe shame

I was first convinced to buy Crocs in Japan. I spotted fly Japanese girls wearing ballet shoe Crocs and working them like no one's business. Coupled with my aching tourist feet, I hunted down a Crocs display and walked away, cushioned on air. While you won't see them in this post, rest assured, behind every sky-high wedge, every pointed and buckled stiletto, there's a good Croc. Because without them, I'd still be on the riverbed, stranded with a turned ankle, swatting sandflies from my face. Lovelies, share your secret shoe shame with me!




Adventures on the River from ondressingup on Vimeo.

♥ Dress worn as top is thrifted ♥ Skirt is thrifted Moochi ♥ Wedges from Mi Piaci ♥ Belt from Portmans Earrings are gifted (Thank you, New Yorkers! You know who you are.) ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥

38 comments:

  1. Your outfit today is very very sexy, everyhing is perfect, shoes too :-) and I love the jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havianas baby - for when the heels come off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Thrifted Moochi. I wish I could find Moochi!

    ...I still wear my big fluffy dinosaur-feet house shoes that little kids wear around the lounge during winter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL I THINK THAT ITS YOUR BEST OUTFIT ( FOR ME):)!!!!LOVE IT SO MMUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your jewelry is so so pretty with the lace in that photo. I LOVE that photo. This outfit is great. x
    (and you just made my LIFE by telling me I remind you of Amanda. :D )

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i want to see those crocs on you! and what are ballet style crocs????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute outfit!!!! I love that color blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that flower necklace...gorgeous.

    And that shade of blue looks so good on you. Gorgeous.

    xoxo
    Stephanie
    www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've the ballet style flats. You should show them, they are not that bad looking like the original ones :)

    My SSS?
    A really ugly loafer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures of you, nice outift:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors of your outfit! So summer-y and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear my uggs when it snows! they are the metallic black ones, my boyfriend calls them my "darth vader boots" haha.

    love the outfit, btw

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually WANT those ballet style crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I alllways carry a pair of Havianas in my bag when I go out in heels. My dream is one day, somehow, be less of a wimp and be able to make it ONE NIGHT without needing to switch for the walk home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! I have never considered Crocs (in fact, I've derided croc-wearers), but if someone as fashionable as you gives them a go- I'm convinced. I would actually love to see an outfit with them because I bet you rock them out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha, i own a pair of crocs, from my days as a rower. they're not the ballet slipper ones, they're hte straight up ugly ones.

    these pics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wedges are so fun. I don't wear shoes I am ashamed of...but I am ashamed to admit I totally abuse my feet and wear the wrong size all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ballet style Crocs are definitely cute. Can't deny their comfort factor either. I don't own a pair, but my mum has the mary jane style and I'll slip 'em on from time to time. I can't confess to a secret shoe shame per se, but I do have a pair of electric blue Saucony sneakers that always bring forth stares & comments when I wear them :)

    You look so incredibly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you ARE so beautiful. I love this video! I really want to make myself a video but I cannot find my video camera. I think your style is so wonderful too. I love the skirt especially! Hope you're day is kind. Love always !!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi.
    the first pics of our summer getaway is ON. hihi. hope you visit it.

    i love your outfit. You're always stylish and thank you for dropping a nice comment on my site.

    my blogging will resume i don't know when. hihi. still on the road right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a beautiful place, love the outfit too! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous photos--that location seems so perfectly serene.
    My SSS? Hmm...If I told you, I'd have to kill you (but yours doesn't seem so bad!!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate Crocs, but the other day i saw this lady who was wearing what seemed like a cool style of Crocs. I couldn't believe i was considering if they were cute or not. I bet they're are super comfortable though :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah I have ratty tatty old slippers (remember the mesh ones with the sequins over them that were all the rage about 5 years ago?).. yeah I stomp around in those while trekking to some highly inaccessible spot for our photo sessions :o)

    Hope you have been well! I've been disappearing on and off now because of the erratic going ons of university... I am so jealous you are able to post all these lovely images on almost a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh well I guess you can't wear crippling shoes all the time! Plus ballet crocs are a set up from normal ones.
    You look lovely in this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  26. nooooo not crocs! :/
    I do Birkenstock when I need comfy footwear

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are beautiful beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha sadly, I have no interesting shoe shames to date. I love the places you go, they're all so beautiful.

    + that vimeo vid is so brilliant.

    love, China L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh no, i can never live with crocs .
    buuuut i am wearing hello kitty socks and monkey print slippers as we speak, so i should be ashamed too ;]


    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am in love with that daisy necklace! And yeah, I've been known to wear Crocs. They're so crazy comfortable. I'm on my feet at work all day, and they definitely make it a tiny bit more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh! Ur shirt is adorable, and so are ur earrings! Definitely lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. such gorgeous scenery . . .
    love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE that video! So cute! And yes; I know what you mean! Crocs has got REALLY comfy ballet flats; I ALMOST got them the other day! HAHA! As for me; I guess, my SSS, would be; my dirty pair of lime green Keds; they're just so so comfy; but I've given up on wearing them! They just look so preppish in my shoe closet! HAHA!

    PS/ I suggest that you delete that comment with the whole chunk of Chinese words; it's promoting porno:S *HORRID PEOPLE!*

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always hated Crocs but have heard they are actually the most comfortable shoe ever! And actually, the new pump style ones are very discreet.. only the most vigilant would realise

    I have some big stomping biker boots, too butch to be cool but great for rain and general bad weather!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I actually really hate crocs.. And lately I've seen crocs mixed with uggs. Horrible. But my shoe shame is a white low heeled sandal with 3 big fake diamonts on it...I can't believe I really wore those haha. But now about your outfit! It's so lovely! You really look good in it

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?