The Front Room Links

17 February 2009

inspirations

I'm still a fashion blog. Thus, behold my Spring 2009 Couture post ;)

Let's talk about John Galliano for Dior and Flemish and Dutch baroque art.





Or how about gypsies, gothic flamenco, and Bizet's Carmen paired with Jean-Paul Gaultier.




Finally, Joan of Arc and Givenchy.



24 comments:

  1. Hey baby,

    Awesome! What fantastic & really inspiration pics and post!

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an interesting, thoughtful post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gallanio; bottom row dresses. Givenchy; 1st dress from the right.
    FA-BEW-LUSS...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got them from a French Patisserie in the city. I just discovered it last year, and I can't believe I didn't find out about it sooner!
    The Galliano dresses are beyond stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean-Paul Gaultier's collections is so so amazing, so seductive & mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Galliano for Dior collection - so lovely. I love the pretty headpieces too :)

    have a great week honey =D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think givenchy has been just amazing lately.
    loveit.

    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. I love all the art and runway photos. Your last picture is by the artist Alphons Mucha which is really cool because he is my FAVORITE artist!

    All My Love,
    Carlita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing collections, beautiful pictures, I'm impressed by the colours and forms ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Galliano for Dior dresses are fabulous. This is definitely my favorite Spring 2009 couture collection. Seriously, the bottom row of dresses, especially, are like a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Amazing post, darling! I adooooore both fashion and art history, and the Dutch masters are among my faves.... So Vermeer and Couture in a single post is a dream come true for me - thanks!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had the money I would buy all those Dior couture gowns and wear them every day for the rest of my life. So sad that there isn't a waaaaay cheaper and more daily life version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I LOVE Gaultier. I MUST one day own something from Gaultier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dior collection is AMAZING too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you did with this post
    fantastic work
    i love the inspiration board

    *bisous*

    ReplyDelete
  16. such intricacy and craftsmanship !
    admirable .


    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. the couture shows are so fabulous; everything is beautiful!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh god!!
    Givenchy was a great great one..I love all the dresses...
    I love all the styles.The pictures are so fabulous!!!
    I love your blog,it gives me a good day here...LOVE IT!!!!
    hope you visit mine too..=)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the best eye-candy ever! I love how you mixed art, literature and fashion. You're blog posts are always so visually inspiring, Ana B! We love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm quite jealous of your ability to make killer collages.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!
    What a nice combination there.
    I love it.Nice post my friend..=D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Galliona is just a genius. An absolute artist.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?