The Front Room Links

07 January 2009

on sublime places

The compulsion to take photographs of everything I see when I travel is all-consuming.



♥ Headband from Portmans ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥ White top is thrifted ♥ Black lace top from Forever 21

I couldn't let it go - a truck, its bed overflowing with cherry blossoms, parked in the middle of a Florentine field - i was anxious to lose the sight of it forever.



and the lengths i'd go to - flat on my back in the middle of Siem Reap while open-mouthed tourists watched and my best friend snapped this photo.



i think i know why...




but I don't want to capture just beauty. i want to capture time. moments. flashes of life which will never come by in quite the same way again.


13 comments:

  1. I save old photographs of almost everything! I have one of my dad when he was still in college, with his HUGE black-rimmed glasses and Beatles' haircut. :) It makes me warm and fuzzy inside when I look at photographs! It is much more fun to do something interesting when one is being photographed!

    I can't wait for the party on Saturday night :) My costume is kind of boring, and I may end up looking like a teenage goth at her high school prom... but I get to wear black lip gloss! >:) Muaha!

    Siem Reap must have been gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we are ALMOST ALWAYS online at the same time! if you have msn, and you still have my hotmail address from old trademe emails, you should add me >:O

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH, the photos look so beautiful! You look so cute too, all around perfect post. Love/miss/adore you ana baby.

    ♥ China L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ana B,

    Lovely pic and your pearl necklace is OMG! I adore it...

    kisses: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad you do because you have gorgeous photos! Keep snapping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know, right?! chanel cupcakes! delectable! great post. you always have such pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you for lying on your back to snap the perfect photo! Who cares about the tourists!
    I really love that truck, it's so intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic quote -- so true! And I definitely agree. While I was traveling in Greece and Italy a few years ago I couldn't help but take photos of the beauty I saw in things other than temple ruins & statues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what I realized? I only really take photos when I'm on holidays. It's a shame, because I miss out on capturing all these great moments in my day-to-day life. Maybe I should start carrying my camera with me wherever I go! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think one of the reasons the boyfriend & I do well is we're willing to take forever when just walking around, allowing each other the time to take all the photos we want.

    & nothing makes me more sad and wistful than old photos at flea markets. You have to wonder how they ended up there.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?