The Front Room Links

29 December 2008

nothing gold can stay

The most amazing golden light just passed through my window while I was sitting on my bed blogging. It was gone in ten minutes or so. And then it was like it had never been.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
so dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost "Nothing Gold Can Stay" (1923)



♥ Dress by BCBG Max Azria ♥ Pearl necklace from Thailand ♥

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous photo and dress! seriously looks like a page from a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Your dress is beautiful! I adore it...

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous dress & lighting!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful poem. Truly evocative too. Its sad when something so beautiful like that light you mention stays, flitters around and leaves without any mention or thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun does this in winter when it's so low in the sky--& it manages to not be overcast. Of course, it's so brief and usually mid-afternoon when I'm at work that it's impossible to capture. These shots are just lovely & love the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curtains in your room

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?