The Front Room Links

03 November 2008

Grey Platform Patent Leather Sandals

I seem to be forever dressed inappropriately - whether it's for the weather or the event. I think this comes from the fact that I will wear whatever I feel like on any given day without care to the context in which the clothes will be worn and seen. This is especially true during spring and summer when I am positively itching to break out all my summer outfits and throw caution to the, invariably always-chilly-even-in-October, Wellington wind. For example, a beach outing, you say? I know! Let's put on grey platform patent leather sandals, a high waisted pencil skirt with a belt, a studded handbag and a headscarf. What a fantastic idea. On another note, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and didn't suffer too much from Monday-itis.





Scarf ♥ Thrifted Glasses ♥ Portmans Top ♥ Farmers Belt ♥ Valley Girl Skirt ♥ Thrifted Shoes ♥ Mi Piaci

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes dressing inappropriately is worth it! I think what you're wearing fits on the beach actually I love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's nice of you, Charlene! Since all I did was sit around and walk for a bit, the outfit wasn't the handicap that I thought it would be :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Charlene :D Okay, next time i see an Ana look-a-like, i'll semaphore at her in the hopes that she is actually you >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! let's narrow it down a wee bit - an ana-look-a-like walking down or up the Terrace in a daze with headphones in her ears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love doing the samething! its fun to dress up when no one else is or wear dresses and such hiking! u look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the sweet comment, mikkle. i agree a dress when everyone else is in jandals and shorts makes you feel as if you've got a secret that no one else knows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit. I know what you mean about dressing inappropriately. Sometimes it's just no fun being dictated by the weather/event/location!

    That last photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am such a fan of overdressing! Must get some big lace-up leather boots so I can go tramping in the bush in dresses with layers of petticoats. I love the lighting in these photos, and you fit perfectly into the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the clothes horse, muchlove and louise: thanks for your comments. it reassures me that dressing up in whatever i feel like is de rigeur ;D although my poor boyf will have to put up with me using him as a clutch around the beach. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous photos..! Really a cute and adorable outfit. I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS got to be one of my favorites! Really nice. :D

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?