The weather was difficult and uninspiring today. So I won't bore you with pictures of it or with my terrible outfit which incited somebody at work to shout "Colonel Mustard. In the ballroom. With the spannerrrr!" at me as I walked past (clue: I was wearing mustard).
Let's think of better days when it was sunny and I was wearing....a onesie/playsuit/romper/jumpsuit/shortsuit/all-in-one. Hadley Freeman has a point. When thinking of *ahem* investing in a playsuit, zip placement is an issue. When one retires to powder one's nose, the kerfuffle and indignity of having to dislocate your arm behind your back in order to do your business may be enough to reconsider. A side zip would fix the geographical issue but regardless, you'd still end up sitting on the loo...nude. Suddenly, this playsuit isn't looking so good to me anymore.

Check out what's hiding in some back room of our national museum, Te Papa. A vintage playsuit circa 1955-1965 by Bendon! I'm in love with this.

Playsuit: Valley Girl Cardigan: Glassons Belt: Glassons Shoes: Gifted from mum Bag: Thrifted from Salvation Army Necklace: Chain from Trademe, Flower Pendant from random Antique store somewhere in NZ, Initial Pendant from Venice, Italy (ooerr). Baked Good: Baquette au Marron from the good people at Moulin Bakery, Willis Street.
Check out what's hiding in some back room of our national museum, Te Papa. A vintage playsuit circa 1955-1965 by Bendon! I'm in love with this.

Also some vintage playsuit sewing patterns from the 1930s.

Left and Bottom Right Pics: carbonated at Flickr
Top Right Pic: nouvell_vague at Flickr
No comments:
Post a Comment
What are you thinking?