I spotted this headband on the Portman's website:
And I had to have it. I headed down to Portman's quicksmart during my lunch hour on Friday to get myself a pair. It also comes in black, black with silver sequins, and pink. I got the lady to rustle up all the colours for me and plonked them on my head. But in the end I had to go with black. Sometimes you gotta know when to go for colour and when to hold back.This range of fascinators, headbands and large hair accessories are by a Melbourne milliner whose label is called Miss Jackson. You can find this range of Portmans right now!
High-ranking staff member: Hello, Ana. You didn't have that on top of your head before.
Me: No. I did not.


I then wore it out for dinner with my girls, cocktails at Good Luck and then burgers at Burger King. Yes. This outfit at BK.

Headband: Miss Jackson at Portmans
Bolero: Witchery
Dress: Witchery
Shoes: Mi Piaci
I stood out like a sore thumb amidst a gaggle of polyester dresses, boob tubes and shiny halternecks. I also got into a wee altercation at the loos in BK when one guy pushed in front of me in the line for the toilets. I refused to let him get away with it and me and my headband proceeded to grab his arm and try to tug him out of the toilet. Much scuffling, drunken swearing and shouting ensued but alas he was too strong and slammed the door in my face. My friend, whom I was with, then valiantly tried to knock the door down with his foot.
Line Pusher (from inside the toilet): Oh you f*****!
Friend: Excuse me?!
Me: Hello?! We're not the ones inside the loo eating our burger!
Yes. He actually did go inside the loo carrying his burger in his takeaway BK bag. Why would you ever do that?
As an aside, I am all kinds of in love with the range that Witchery has in store. Having recently opened a brand-spanking new store on Featherston Street which has a lot more space than their old spot at Kirks, I think the girls who work there just about know me by first name. The economy is in recession. And I continue to dig into credit card debt. Yikes.

background image from blushbutter.com


No comments:
Post a Comment
What are you thinking?