My uncle and his partner braved missed flight connections and a storm in LA to fly from New York to NZ for my admission to the bar. Part of their precious cargo was a sackful of goodies from Forever 21. For those unfamiliar with this now-infamous American chain store, Forever 21 is to the US as Glassons is to us girls in NZ as H&M is to Europe. Well, in my opinion. Correct me if i'm wrong ;)
When I pulled out this frothy, pink tulle creation from the bag, I instantly ran to a room, ripped off my clothes and dove into it. The thing just screams "Party! With me! Now!". With my best friend's brothers' engagement party to go to, the occasion had come. Except I had to do this...

Shamefully for me, this is the closest I get to sewing...

Headband: Portmans Vest: Valley Girl Dress: Twelve by Twelve by Forever 21 Shoes: Mi Piaci
The engagement party was a lot of fun. I got to spend time with my best girls, one of which is Nicola (Congrats to her brother on his engagement!). She is the queen of elegant and chic style! Standing next to her, I am all kinds of tacky ;) I had a great time with her in Japan and on Saturday she busted out all her Tokyo specials! The assymetry and the sheer pleats elevate the LBD into magic!

White Top: Random shop in Roppongi, Tokyo Dress: Sisley bought in Osaka
And did I mention there were cupcakes?

Background by: fotolia.com
When I pulled out this frothy, pink tulle creation from the bag, I instantly ran to a room, ripped off my clothes and dove into it. The thing just screams "Party! With me! Now!". With my best friend's brothers' engagement party to go to, the occasion had come. Except I had to do this...

Shamefully for me, this is the closest I get to sewing...

Headband: Portmans Vest: Valley Girl Dress: Twelve by Twelve by Forever 21 Shoes: Mi Piaci
The engagement party was a lot of fun. I got to spend time with my best girls, one of which is Nicola (Congrats to her brother on his engagement!). She is the queen of elegant and chic style! Standing next to her, I am all kinds of tacky ;) I had a great time with her in Japan and on Saturday she busted out all her Tokyo specials! The assymetry and the sheer pleats elevate the LBD into magic!

White Top: Random shop in Roppongi, Tokyo Dress: Sisley bought in Osaka
And did I mention there were cupcakes?

Background by: fotolia.com
OMG THE DRESS IS AMAZING! I love how you paired it wit a vest! BRILLIANT!
ReplyDeleteWhat! Are you kidding me? A NZer AND a sweetie? Of course i don't mind. I've added you to my blogroll too :) Hope YOU don't mind haha
ReplyDeleteOh, the dress is really sweet. And meh, NO ONE back home will know you got it at a store that parallels Glassons haha.
Thanks eelie and yiqin! the vest with dress is a little trick i learnt from Clotheshorse's blog. And thanks for adding me to your blog roll Eelie!
ReplyDelete