The Front Room Links

30 October 2010

crafting confidence

There were only two things I didn't look forward to at primary school; maths and art. We once had to make our own felt and turn it into a Christmas decoration to exhibit for parents later that day. My limp, plain Star of Bethlehem in a strange, non-Christmasy eggplant puce colour failed to draw the crowds. I'm not sure my crafting confidence has ever recovered. However, top among my list of things to do before I die, is learn how to sew. This still hasn't happened so for now I rely on people like nowallflower at felt. She upcycled and made this beautiful skirt from the fabric of a vintage tablecloth. Visit her shop on felt to see more!

Top from H&M Skirt from nowallflower Jade necklace is self-made Bag from Portmans Hairclip from Farmers Location: Herb Garden, Wellington Botanical Gardens

11 comments:

  1. Today is grey rainy, this post is exactly what I needed to prevent my mood from turning grey as well.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A breath of fresh air :) Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy you're surrounded by such a beautiful Spring! While my landscape is splattered with pretty bits of orange, red, and yellow (which I love!), I feel a slight twinge of envy for your lush greens!

    I would never have guessed your skirt used to be a tablecloth. What a truly excellent and lovely creation. I'll have to pay nowallflower a visit soon. I'd like to learn to sew, too. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is so pretty as is this glorious post! What about that little puppy - too cute! It's interesting that you didn't look forward to either art or maths. When I was at school you were either in the maths crowd or the art crowd - I guess there were other options we didn't consider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these pictures, your skirts so pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful skirt! I've taken one sewing class and my mom taught me the basics, but I've decided I have no patience for it. Maybe I just haven't ever gotten good enough to enjoy it, but I'm okay with relying on others to get my fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, such beautiful photos! Your blog is so ace. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos Ana! I love to learn how to sew too but I'm a really impatient person so I tend to give up if I don't see results quickly! That's a really bad habit of mine. I thought you knew I live in Hawaii :-) xoxoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so very much wish that I was a better seamstress, but alas, making a pillowcase in Home Ec was as far as I ever got.

    I always look at the beautiful clothes on ETSY people make and wish that I could even make myself a skirt. Perhaps I'll learn someday!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?